- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
With a center closed to traffic, Yverdon-les-Bains is a charming, bustling place. Located at the southernmost tip of Lac de Neuchâtel, this pastel-colored lakefront town has been appreciated for its thermal waters and sandy, willow-lined shore since the Romans first invaded and set up thermal baths here. In the 18th century its fame spread across Europe. Today, along the waterfront, you'll find parks, promenades, a shady campground, and a 2-km (1¼-mile) stretch of little beaches.
Yverdon-les-Bains at a Glance
Elsewhere in Fribourg and Neuchâtel
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's