- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Hôtel de la Rose
At a Glance
- excellent central location
- high-quality service
- friendly disposition of staff
- the lack of air-conditioning can be a nuisance in summer months
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel de la Rose Review
In a typical 17th-century sandstone house, this hotel is within walking distance of museums, churches, the cathedral, and the Old Town. Part of the Best Western chain, the hotel is friendly and familial; all the rooms have been renovated, but the old-world charm has not been lost. It's on Fribourg's main street, so ask for a back room if you are a light sleeper.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
After countless hours within these forums, I’ve built a draft itinerary for our upcoming 5 week holiday in Europe next July/Aug (flying in and out from Paris)
For those that have experienced Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more