- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Auberge aux 4 Vents
At a Glance
- individuality and unique quirky character of venue
- personal style of the owners
- traditionalists may feel out of place here
- outside central Fribourg
Auberge aux 4 Vents Review
Guests reserve months ahead for this quirky, high-style country inn noted for its fabulous gardens and fanciful themed rooms. The "Babylone" room is exceedingly picturesque, with its red-and-white tiled interior and raised bed. The "Anges" room has a stunning velvet–draped bed, while the "Bleue" room flaunts a cast-iron bath on rails—you can trolley out into the open air for a bath under the stars. Downstairs, the restaurant (closed Wednesday) is nightclub-glamorous, a perfect setting for meeting the exceedingly photogenic couple who runs this fun spot. The hotel can easily be reached by bus—take the No.1 toward Portes de Fribourg/St. Leonard, get off at Poya, and stroll up the Rue de Grandfey.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
I'm having some problems trying to bridge two distinctly different destinations into one itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime ... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more