- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Musée Suisse de la Machine à Coudre (Swiss Sewing Machine Museum)
Musée Suisse de la Machine à Coudre (Swiss Sewing Machine Museum) Review
An example of almost every sewing machine ever built (more than 250) is on exhibit here. There's also a collection of contraptions created to ease the life of handworkers and housewives before the age of electricity, including useful household firsts such as vacuum cleaners and washing machines. A side room is packed with curiosities from bygone days, such as chestnut-hulling boots. Owner Edouard Wassmer will charm you with anecdotes and history.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
Our Trip of A Lifetime
March 12, 2014, we started our great adventure. Read more
Wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a driver who could take us from Geneva to Basel with a day of touring along the way?
We fly into Geneva from the US in August and will there for a few days. Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more