- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Le Vieux Manoir au Lac
At a Glance
- within walking distance of medieval Murten
- romantic candlelit dinner on the pier—book a few days ahead
- frequent functions can disturb the prevailing tranquillity
- restaurants are somewhat pricey
Check Rates from our Partners
Le Vieux Manoir au Lac Review
Truly worthy of Relais & Châteaux status, this stately, turreted mansion sits in a manicured park on Lac de Morat. Most of the guest rooms have individual "themes" by various artists and designers—try the Glass Diamond, a stately, all-glass 'treehouse' room nestled high in the branches of centuries-old trees. The lakefront location provides a range of water sports and outdoor activities, and the three restaurants offer seasonal sampling menus with, respectively, a Mediterranean, French Continental, and regional Swiss bent. Options might include chateaubriand with spring onions and béarnaise sauce or a panfried Norwegian lobster served with fennel and cardamom.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
·Austria Forum, Belgium Forum, Czech Republic Forum, France Forum, Germany Forum, Italy Forum, Luxembourg Forum, Netherlands Forum, Switzerland Forum
Hi everyone! Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more