- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Le Vieux Manoir au Lac
At a Glance
- within walking distance of medieval Murten
- romantic candlelit dinner on the pier—book a few days ahead
- frequent functions can disturb the prevailing tranquillity
- restaurants are somewhat pricey
Check Rates from our Partners
Le Vieux Manoir au Lac Review
Truly worthy of Relais & Châteaux status, this stately, turreted mansion sits in a manicured park on Lac de Morat. Most of the guest rooms have individual "themes" by various artists and designers—try the Glass Diamond, a stately, all-glass 'treehouse' room nestled high in the branches of centuries-old trees. The lakefront location provides a range of water sports and outdoor activities, and the three restaurants offer seasonal sampling menus with, respectively, a Mediterranean, French Continental, and regional Swiss bent. Options might include chateaubriand with spring onions and béarnaise sauce or a panfried Norwegian lobster served with fennel and cardamom.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Our journey to Zurich in 2012 was in keeping up with our tradition to ring in the New Year some where we have never visited. Read more
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
With your help, we have made the following plans.
Fly from NYC to Geneva June 24th.
June 25th., overnight in Lausanne. (b and b ideas?)
June 16-July 1 Lauterbrunnen rental apartment.booked
Should Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more