- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
As Fribourg expanded from the Basse-Ville, it crossed the river over the Pont du Milieu (Middle Bridge) to a narrow bank, the Planche-Inférieure, where picturesque, terraced houses abound. As the town prospered, it spread to the statelier 16th- and 17th-century Planche-Superiéure, a large, sloping, open triangular place (square) that was once the busy livestock market. It is now lined with several upscale restaurants and cafés. From here you can walk up to the Chapelle de Lorette (Loreto Chapel), once a favored pilgrimage site, for the best view of Fribourg.
- Address: Fribourg, Fribourg
- Location: Fribourg
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Our journey to Zurich in 2012 was in keeping up with our tradition to ring in the New Year some where we have never visited. Read more
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
With your help, we have made the following plans.
Fly from NYC to Geneva June 24th.
June 25th., overnight in Lausanne. (b and b ideas?)
June 16-July 1 Lauterbrunnen rental apartment.booked
Should Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more