Auberge de la Halle
Auberge de la Halle Review
Set amid Gruyères' most historic buildings, the exterior of this medieval structure welcomes guests with cheerful flower boxes and green-and-white-striped awnings. Inside, a warm woody interior with raftered ceiling and smooth stone floors offers an appealing setting in which to enjoy traditional dishes such as a moitié-moitié (half Gruyère, half Vacherin Fribourgeois) fondue or the definitely-worth-trying signature dish called Soupe du Chalet, a meal unto itself. Sit in the section called "the verandah" to enjoy great views with your meal.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's