- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- high standard of service and facilities rare in region
- outstanding views
- lakeside location
- a tad too corporate and lacking in character for some
- fourth-floor rooms are darker and smaller than the rest
Check Rates from our Partners
Beau-Rivage Hotel Review
This thoroughly elegant, gracefully restored 19th-century hotel has a perfect perch on the lakeshore; on a clear day there's a splendid view of the Alps. The warmly lit interior, with high ceilings and wild-cherry wood, exudes calm. Two-thirds of the spacious guest rooms have lake views, and the generous bathrooms are decked out in white marble. The sophisticated restaurant, O'terroirs, offers some of the best dining in town and a fine selection of wines, also on tap in the comfortingly low-key Véranda Bar. The B-Spa and gym complete the deluxe hotel experience.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
I'm having some problems trying to bridge two distinctly different destinations into one itinerary. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime ... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more