Fribourg and Neuchâtel Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Fribourg and Neuchâtel Restaurant Reviews
Both Fribourg and Neuchâtel have a plethora of top-quality, French-influenced restaurants. They offer far cheaper lunch menus (three or more courses) and sometimes even a plat du jour, although it will cost more than it does in simpler establishments, where the price is typically under 20 SF. No one here lays down strict dress codes: the more upscale the restaurant, the fancier the attire, but you won't be thrown out for not wearing a tie. Restaurants open for dinner at about 6 in the evening, though diners tend to arrive closer to 7:30, and kitchens wind down between 9:30 and 10. Lunch is usually served from 11:30 to 2, but you can often get simple fare even after that. For a quick, cheap meal that still has local flavor, try a crêperie. The closer you are to France, the more of these you'll find.
Browse Fribourg and Neuchâtel Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's