- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
A tour of the Old Town of Grandson is eminently worthwhile. The church, tower, fountains, and narrow streets lined with extraordinary facades make this a truly time-burnished spot. For guided strolls, stop in at the tourist office in the Maison des Terroirs (open daily 11-6). This lakeside village in Canton Vaud has a long history. It is said that in 1066 a member of the Grandson family accompanied William of Normandy (better known as "William the Conqueror") to England, where he founded the English barony of Grandson. Otto I of Grandson took part in the Crusades.
Grandson at a Glance
Elsewhere in Fribourg and Neuchâtel
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's