- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Quiet cousins to fast-paced, international Zürich, the eastern cantons often play the wallflower to more spectacular Alpine landscapes. Lush and hilly, with orchards, farms, and gardens, their northern edges are bordered by the romantic Rhine, now a swimming, biking, and kayaking paradise. Mt. Säntis (8,200 feet), beloved by hikers and skiers, stands guard at the east. The landscape is dotted with wildflower-strewn meadows, forest-capped hills, and hidden lakes that range from deep turquoise to icy blue. All are dwarfed by enormous Bodensee, also known as Lake Constance.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's