Sights & Attractions in Eastern Switzerland
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Things to Do in St. Gallen
The grounds of the abbey and the cathedral border the Altstadt...
|Neighborhoods / Streets||St. Gallen|
Atop Freudenberg Hill you'll find Drei Weieren, a quaint park...
|Parks, Bodies of Water, Viewpoints||St. Gallen|
The cathedral is an impressive sight. Begun in 1755 and completed...
|Religious Sites||St. Gallen|
Just a few steps from the abbey, at the end of the Old Town...
|Transportation Sites||St. Gallen|
A 30-minute walk up the steep Mülenenschlucht takes you past...
|Public Art (Mural / Sculpture / Statue), Viewpoints||St. Gallen|
Native-born artist Pipilotti Rist's Stadt Lounge, created with...
|Neighborhoods / Streets, Arts / Performance Venues||St. Gallen|
Although the abbey was largely destroyed in the Reformation and...
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe