- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Restaurant Schiff Review
Perched on a gentle bend in the Rhine at the end of a colorful string of half-timbered buildings, this cozy restaurant is managed by the warm and friendly husband and wife team of Stephan and Bianco Roth. The couple has lured locals to its riverside terrace with a fresh seasonal menu featuring dishes like vitello tonatto (thin veal slices in a creamy tuna sauce), new takes on pike, perch, and whitefish, freshly caught from the Bodensee, and heaping salads easily washed down with local Rieslings and Pinot Noirs.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
Our Trip of A Lifetime
March 12, 2014, we started our great adventure. Read more
Mom and 18 year old will be together for one week in Switzerland for the tail end of a family trip (sending dad home early!). He wants to see the Matterhorn and do some hiking in the Alps.
I think I migh Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more