- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
The town's former armory houses a small, no-frills bistro serving tasty examples of the local fare, such as bratwurst in onion sauce with french fries. Local business executives come for the lunch specials, which include soup or salad and are a steal in comparison to more swanky places nearby. The location next to the cathedral makes it a perfect pit stop during a day of sightseeing.
- Address: Zeughausstr. 2, St. Gallen, 9000
- Phone: 071/2224468
- Location: St. Gallen
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. No lunch Sat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Our journey to Zurich in 2012 was in keeping up with our tradition to ring in the New Year some where we have never visited. Read more
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
We are flying in from USA to Zurich and booked a train from Zurich to Milan on trenitalia.com. However it says that our ticket is Self Service which means we need to print the ticket from a machine Sel Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more