- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Romantik Hotel Säntis
At a Glance
- large and comfortable with all the amenities
- a good choice for both loungers and the activity-happy
- front view is onto the Landsgemeinde, which is a parking lot (albeit a small one)
Check Rates from our Partners
Romantik Hotel Säntis Review
With a crisp and formal ambience, this prestigious hotel has been in business since 1835. Old-style touches—inlaid wood, painted beams—mix comfortably with the jewel-tone rooms and gleaming walnut cabinetry; some rooms have four-poster or canopy beds. The restaurant serves regional specialties in either of two wood-lined dining rooms: one Biedermeier, the other a folksy Appenzeller style. Guests can borrow bikes for free.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Our journey to Zurich in 2012 was in keeping up with our tradition to ring in the New Year some where we have never visited. Read more
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
With your help, we have made the following plans.
Fly from NYC to Geneva June 24th.
June 25th., overnight in Lausanne. (b and b ideas?)
June 16-July 1 Lauterbrunnen rental apartment.booked
Should Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more