- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
The Bodensee is the region's local swimming hole; there are several public beaches, usually more grass than sand. Most have changing rooms and concession stands.
Arbon. With a gravel beach, Arbon makes getting into the water a little rough on tender feet. Hauptstr. 12, Arbon, 9320. 071/4461333.
Kreuzlingen. This beach has some sand at the water's edge, though you'll be spreading your towel on the grass. Promenadenstr. 40, Kreuzlingen, 8220. 071/6881858.
Romanshorn. The lakeside beach in Romanshorn includes a pool and a waterslide, as well as wide swaths of grass to lie on. Bahnhofstra. 19, Romanshorn, 8590. 071/4631147.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's