- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Restaurant Bären Review
It may be next to a parking lot, but this establishment is a lovely spot for a meal. Mature trees strung with lights shade a brick terrace perched above the lake. The lighter fare includes poached whitefish in a white wine sauce. And if you want a break from Swiss cuisine, the restaurant's chef from southern India has created a full menu of South Asian fare. On summer evenings you might catch live music—acts that grace the Montreux Jazz Festival often stop here before heading home.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Our journey to Zurich in 2012 was in keeping up with our tradition to ring in the New Year some where we have never visited. Read more
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Any last minute tips or suggestions...
Saas Fee (Switzerland)
5 days skiing
Paris (3 days)
London (3 days) Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more