- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
City Hotel Oberland
At a Glance
- central location for shopping and nightlife
- the breakfast fills you up for sightseeing
- noisy neighborhood
- limited parking given the number of rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
City Hotel Oberland Review
The exterior of this hotel's main building is bristling with mansard windows and stucco trim, while the wing across the street is pierced by a life-size statue of a cow. Some rooms were renovated in fashionable taupe and magenta hues 2012; older rooms have more of an '80s vibe. The hotel's chalet-style restaurant is extremely popular—it offers tasty renditions of the usual Swiss suspects.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
When in UK 2 years ago my nieces loved wandering around the Castle ruins that we we went to ~ Kenilworth and Chepstow (also Tintern Abbey). Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more