- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- perfect base location for skiing and hiking
- popular stop for meals
- the crowds are also savoring the sights
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel-Restaurant Wetterhorn Review
Overlooking the magnificent ice-blue glacier—as well as a sprawling parking lot—this pretty, wood-trimmed inn offers generous lunches on the terrace and good regional dining inside the comfortable restaurant. The adjoining Gletscherstübli attracts locals as well as the hordes of hikers who come to marvel at its namesake. The bright rooms, all with mountain views, feature lots of pine as well as colorful modern bathrooms.
- Address: Obere Gletscherstr. 159, Grindelwald, 3818 | Map It
- Phone: 033/8531218
- Website: www.hotel-wetterhorn.ch
- Location: Grindelwald
- 10 rooms, 3 dormitories.
- Rate includes breakfast, some meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed late Oct.–late Nov. and 2 wks around Easter.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
When in UK 2 years ago my nieces loved wandering around the Castle ruins that we we went to ~ Kenilworth and Chepstow (also Tintern Abbey). Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more