- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- perfect base location for skiing and hiking
- popular stop for meals
- the crowds are also savoring the sights
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel-Restaurant Wetterhorn Review
Overlooking the magnificent ice-blue glacier—as well as a sprawling parking lot—this pretty, wood-trimmed inn offers generous lunches on the terrace and good regional dining inside the comfortable restaurant. The adjoining Gletscherstübli attracts locals as well as the hordes of hikers who come to marvel at its namesake. The bright rooms, all with mountain views, feature lots of pine as well as colorful modern bathrooms.
- Address: Obere Gletscherstr. 159, Grindelwald, 3818 | Map It
- Phone: 033/8531218
- Website: www.hotel-wetterhorn.ch
- Location: Grindelwald
- 10 rooms, 3 dormitories.
- Rate includes breakfast, some meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed late Oct.–late Nov. and 2 wks around Easter.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Our journey to Zurich in 2012 was in keeping up with our tradition to ring in the New Year some where we have never visited. Read more
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Any last minute tips or suggestions...
Saas Fee (Switzerland)
5 days skiing
Paris (3 days)
London (3 days) Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte ... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more