- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- traditional family-run business
- relaxing salon for tired skiers or hikers
- not in central Wengen
- no wellness or spa facilities
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Alpenrose Review
One of Wengen's first lodgings, this welcoming inn—downhill and away from the center—has been run by the same family for more than a century. The decor is homey, with knotty pine floors, colorful rugs, and skirted lampshades throughout. Guest rooms with south-facing balconies are well worth the slight additional cost—the sweeping views of the valley are sublime. The bar/salon is spacious and comfy, with an open fireplace, overhead beams, flickering candles, and fresh flowers. There's an emphasis on good half-board meals.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
Will the Eurail Global Pass the only pass I need to travel in Europe. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more