- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Victoria-Jungfrau Grand Hotel & Spa
At a Glance
- location with view of Jungfrau
- wonderful spa
- so gargantuan that you can feel like a mouse among many
- some call this place overpriced
Check Rates from our Partners
Victoria-Jungfrau Grand Hotel & Spa Review
Restoration has taken this 1865 grand dame firmly into the 21st century, with glitzy touches such as the burled-wood entryway and a vast Belle Epoque lobby that spirals off into innumerable bars and tea salons. There are plenty of facilities, including a sprawling spa with a private room reserved for couples. Guest rooms are gorgeous, woth smart fabrics, waxed wood floors, and marble columns. Nearly all take in the obligatory view over the meadow to the Alps, with the snowy peak of the Jungfrau crowning the far distance. A casual restaurant, La Pastateca, joins the flashy formal dining room, La Terrasse, but don't forget to check out the Jungfrau Brasserie, a mammoth, leaded-glass-and-carved-wood Victorian concoction almost as delicious as its meals.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
My wife and I are planning a 14 day trip next August and could use your help. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more