- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- views straight out of a postcard
- tasteful interiors at relatively low prices
- nearby cable-car girders mar the view from some rooms
- only three bathrooms have bathtubs—if you like a long hot soak après-ski be sure to book one of them
Check Rates from our Partners
Clad in time-burnished pine, fitted with gables, and sporting some great gingerbread trim, the Alpenruh is as picturesque a hotel as you can get in Mürren. Its perch is spectacular, nearly cantilevered over the vast valley and with reach-out-and-touch vistas of the great Jungfrau and Eiger. No place in Mürren has such a fetching and gorgeous dining terrace. The prices here are on the gentle side, but the guest rooms verge on plain. The owners also run the Mürren cable car up to the Schilthorn, and you can trade in the hotel's buffet for breakfast atop the revolving Piz Gloria. During especially popular weeks, room rates are upped to include board.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
When in UK 2 years ago my nieces loved wandering around the Castle ruins that we we went to ~ Kenilworth and Chepstow (also Tintern Abbey). Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more