- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- views straight out of a postcard
- tasteful interiors at relatively low prices
- nearby cable-car girders mar the view from some rooms
- only three bathrooms have bathtubs—if you like a long hot soak après-ski be sure to book one of them
Check Rates from our Partners
Clad in time-burnished pine, fitted with gables, and sporting some great gingerbread trim, the Alpenruh is as picturesque a hotel as you can get in Mürren. Its perch is spectacular, nearly cantilevered over the vast valley and with reach-out-and-touch vistas of the great Jungfrau and Eiger. No place in Mürren has such a fetching and gorgeous dining terrace. The prices here are on the gentle side, but the guest rooms verge on plain. The owners also run the Mürren cable car up to the Schilthorn, and you can trade in the hotel's buffet for breakfast atop the revolving Piz Gloria. During especially popular weeks, room rates are upped to include board.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Our journey to Zurich in 2012 was in keeping up with our tradition to ring in the New Year some where we have never visited. Read more
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more