Berner Oberland Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Berner Oberland Hotel Reviews
This is the most-visited region in Switzerland, so book as early as possible. High season here means winter, with summer making up a second-place high season.
Decide on which experience you want: the townie feel of a place like Interlaken, which has many bars, night clubs, restaurants, and movie theaters; the much quieter Grindelwald, with fewer venues; or the cliff-top-secluded Mürren or Wengen, where you'll be getting most of your evening's entertainment from the hotel—usually including meals.
Accommodations in the area range from Gstaad's hyperluxe Palace hotel to Interlaken's Balmer's youth hostel, where you can sleep in a boisterous group tent pitched on the premises in summer.
Browse Berner Oberland Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe