- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Hotel Schweizerhof Bern
At a Glance
- luxe rooms and design elements
- lovely rooftop terrace
- free in-room beverages
- location across from train station isn't very glamorous
- views from rooms and lobby bar are limited
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Schweizerhof Bern Review
After two years of renovations, this five-star hotel reopened to great acclaim in 2011. Luxurious yet practically appointed, this 50-year-old hotel's rooms are done up in neutral tones that appeal to both pleasure and business travelers. Fresh flowers and reproductions of works by local artist Paul Klee add a touch of color. The rooftop terrace provides stunning views of the city and the Alps; here you can sample mezza-style cuisine. If you overdo it while exploring the city, treat yourself to a massage in the spa.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
My wife and I are planning a 14 day trip next August and could use your help. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime ... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more