- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Jack's Brasserie Review
Time moves a little more slowly here amid the civilized elegance of chandeliers and china teapots. Picture windows face the train station; gilt ceiling details, grapevine motifs, and striped banquettes warm up the wood paneling; and the day's papers hang from lampposts at discreet intervals between tables. The menu changes seasonally, but the classic French theme is constant—expect tartares and minestrone in summer, cassoulet or veal liver in winter, and Jack's giant Wienerschnitzel year-round. There's an excellent selection of Swiss wines and expensive but top-flight French reds.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
Our Trip of A Lifetime
March 12, 2014, we started our great adventure. Read more
Mom and 18 year old will be together for one week in Switzerland for the tail end of a family trip (sending dad home early!). He wants to see the Matterhorn and do some hiking in the Alps.
I think I migh Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more