- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- well-stocked breakfast buffet
- located on a charming and quiet cobblestone street
- live jazz on Sundays 7 pm–10 pm (October to May) draws a boisterous crowd
Check Rates from our Partners
Belle Epoque Review
Pay close attention to the walls in this boutique gem, they're furnished entirely with Belle Epoque originals: Steinlen graces the bathrooms and breakfast area, Hodler and Klimt spice up suites named for them, and the bar has photos of Toulouse-Lautrec standing next to the Moulin Rouge poster behind you. Windows are triple-glazed for quietness, bathrooms have vanities, and closets disguised as traveling trunks hide televisions. Renovations in 2012 included new beds and televisions.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
Will the Eurail Global Pass the only pass I need to travel in Europe. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more