- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
At a Glance
- two loungeable lobbies great for decompressing
- fabulous Alpine views from south-facing rooms and outdoor dining terrace
- elegant design
- free Wi-Fi
- modern rooms may seem spare
- no in-room coffee/tea facilities
Check Rates from our Partners
Bellevue Palace Review
A pretension-free mix of Belle Epoque elegance and contemporary ease defines this impeccable hotel built in 1913 to accommodate government visitors. The stately property, located next to the Swiss Parliament Building, features intricate moldings, golden beige brocade, crystal chandeliers, and Art Nouveau stained glass. Guest rooms are outfitted with modern amenities like granite bathrooms with heated floors and classic touches like Louis XV-style bergère chairs. Rooms on the fifth floor have sleek modern lines, glass showers, and sloped ceilings. The elegant La Terrasse uses seasonal ingredients to create artful dishes and menus. An attractive gym with separate saunas for men and women beckons from the top floor.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
My wife and I are planning a 14 day trip next August and could use your help. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime ... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more