- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Zum Zähringer Review
This restaurant has four distinct areas: a formal, elegant salon, a casual bistro, a covered terrace overlooking the River Aare, and a garden that hosts barbecues in summer. All share the same kitchen, which serves up excellent, mostly Mediterranean dishes such as lamb carpaccio with Parmesan and arugula, veal scaloppine with truffle cream, and sauerbraten (beef marinated in red wine) with mashed potatoes. The history of Zum Zähringer dates back to the time when Badgasse (Bath Street) was Bern's red-light district and the inn on the corner was a favorite with Giacomo Casanova.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In early September 2013, we had a trip to Europe, covering 14 cities in 15 days. Read more
Our Trip of A Lifetime
March 12, 2014, we started our great adventure. Read more
Mom and 18 year old will be together for one week in Switzerland for the tail end of a family trip (sending dad home early!). He wants to see the Matterhorn and do some hiking in the Alps.
I think I migh Read more
· News & Features
Thick fondue, rolling green hills, well-preserved medieval towns—the canton of Fribourg in easte... Read more
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort.... Read more
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more