- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
The curved gold ceiling, white baby grand, brown suede bench nooks, and sweeping view of the Altstadt complete with operatic Alpine backdrop make this chic, modern restaurant a wonderful spot for a romantic meal. Chef Markus Arnold's cooking is creative, modern, French-inspired and always market fresh. Try specialties like his fried duck liver served with duck-liver ice cream, and blueberry clafouti, or lamb with eggplant "caviar" and butternut squash. Ask for a seat on the terrace in summer—the view is spectacular.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Just back less than a week ago from my 8 day/night solo trip to Bern.
Stayed in a 333 year-old building apartment (VRBO) a half block from Bern's famous Muenster and half a block from Clock Tower.
Had sun, Read more
There is no way our trip would have been so enjoyable without the suggestions from the fodor community so a BIGGGGG thank you!
Here is the link to our blog which is slow but sure!
http://talesoftwoglobetrotters.blogspot.com/ Read more
This looks like it covers almost everything. Read more
· News & Features
Switzerland may be best known for its frosty summits, but the tiny-yet-diverse country opens up in summertime... Read more
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more