- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Bern
Lived-in history: UNESCO only made Bern a World Heritage Site in 1983, but the city's cobblestone arcades and clock towers have been beautifully preserved since the 1400s.
Feats of Klee: The spectacular Zentrum named for Paul Klee—the whimsical painter who hopscotched across art—is a tour de force of vibrant creativity.
Undercover shopping: Bern's got it all—from couture fashion to artisan chocolatiers—and, thanks to those famous arcaded streets, you can even enjoy window-shopping in rainy weather.
The Zibelemärit: Think of an object—a train car, an alarm clock, a teddy bear—and you will likely see it rendered in onions at November's city-wide celebration of the vegetable.
Those sunbathing Swiss: Warm summer days lure swimmers to the Marzili's sweeping lawns and swift, icy stretch of river below the Federal Parliament Building.Updated: 09-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's