- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Most Basel trams run every 6 to 8 minutes all day, and every 15 minutes in the late evening. Tickets must be bought at the automatic machines at every stop. Stops are marked with green-and-white signs; generally the trams run from 5:30 or 6 in the morning until midnight. Mehrfahrtenkarten (multi-journey cards) allow you six trips, saving you 10% on each trip. These cards can be purchased from the ticket office at Barfüsserplatz. Tageskarten (day cards), from the ticket machines at the tram stops, allow unlimited travel all day within the central zone for 9 SF.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's