- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
There are two main rail stations in Basel. The Bahnhof SBB in Grossbasel connects to destinations in Switzerland, France, and with the Intercity Express to Germany. The Badischer Bahnhof in Kleinbasel runs services to Germany. If you're coming from Germany and staying in the Old Town, make sure your train goes all the way to the SBB station on Centralbahnstrasse; many a weary traveler has walked an hour from the German side of town.
Badischer Bahnhof (Schwarzwalderstr. 200, Kleinbasel, Basel, 4058. 061/6901215.)
Bahnhof SBB (Centralbahnstr., Bahnhof SBB, Basel, 4051. 0900/300300.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe