- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
Basel uses EuroAirport (just across the border in France), which is shared with Mulhouse in France and Freiburg in Germany. Direct flights link Basel to most major European cities, including Zürich. The nearest intercontinental airport is Zürich Airport.
Regular bus service runs between EuroAirport and the Bahnhof SBB in the center of Basel. The trip takes about 15 minutes and costs 4.40 SF per person.
One-way taxi fare from the airport to the Basel center is approximately 50 SF; it takes about 15 minutes in light traffic and up to 30 minutes at rush hour (around 7:30 am to 8:30 am, noon to 2 pm, and 5 pm to 7 pm). There are normally cabs at the taxi stand, but if you need to call one from the airport, make sure you leave the building on the Swiss side.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's