- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
- German Phrases
More down-to-earth than its "big brother" across the river, Kleinbasel is where you'll see people living rather than visiting. Immigrants from India, Turkey, the Balkans, and beyond mix well with young people on a budget in the narrow streets, which are lined with small shops, corner bars, and eateries. Warm weather attracts a crowd along the banks of the Rhine and the green riverside promenade, and in June the neighborhood transforms completely into hipster central as the rich and famous flock to Art Basel.
Kleinbasel at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's