Banks are open weekdays 9:30-3; larger branches until 5 and 6 on Thursday. The bank at Arlanda International Airport is open every day with extended hours, and the Forex and X-Change currency exchange offices also have extended hours. Take a queue-number ticket from near the door and wait your turn. It's not uncommon to come across cashless bank branches in some smaller towns so it's worth checking before traveling. Major holidays include: New Years Day, Epiphany, Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Monday, International Workers' Day (May 1), Ascension (40 days after Easter), Whitsun/Pentacost (Sunday and Monday 10 days after Ascension), National Day (June 6), Midsummer Eve and Day (late June), All Saints, Christmas Eve and Day, and Boxing Day (day after Christmas).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe