At a Glance
- glorious views
- spectacular setting
- some rooms are small and oddly shaped
- it's a long climb to the hotel from down in the harbor
Grand Hôtel Review
The spectacular Grand Hôtel—a turreted building set high up on a hill above the town—has an unrivaled setting, great views, and a helpful staff. The best rooms are those with a sea view, but they are all pleasant and decked out with fresh white, blue, and aquamarine prints. For dining you have a choice of two restaurants: Maritime is the hotel's main restaurant, serving excellent quality gourmet dishes. Seaside has a publike atmosphere and serves great food that's a little easier on the wallet than Maritime's; head out to the terrace for spectacular views.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My introduction to Sweden came as a child with a few words that may be familiar to many others, "Bork de Bork, de Bork, it is time to put on make up.. it is time to dress up right...". Since then it has Read more
Ten dollars to the first person who has any idea what that title means.
I have always shied away from writing trip reports on the Europe Forum. They disappear so quickly and frankly don’t seem worth Read more
Was Interested in first hotel riesen in Stockholm but just when I was about to book I read a few bad reviews about the hotel that it is not a 4 star hotel and rooms and lobby furnishings very worn.
Has Read more
· News & Features
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more
Intergalactic photos of unbelievably beautiful star formations and swirling clouds above Earth's surface... Read more
The week after Thanksgiving means it's time to kick your planning mode into high gear.... Read more