Skrufs Glasbruk Review
The royal family, the ministry of foreign affairs, and parliament have all commissioned work from Skruf, which started in 1896. Local farmers encouraged the development of the glassworks because they wanted a market for their wood. The factory specializes in lead-free crystal, which has a unique iridescence and form.
- Address: 10 km (6 miles) south of Lessebo. Turn left at Åkerby, Kajvägen 4, Skruv, 360 53
- Phone: 0478/20133
- Hours: Early to mid-June, weekdays 9–5, weekends 10–4; late Jun.–Aug. weekdays 10–6, weekends 10–4; Sept.–May, weekdays 9–5, weekends noon–4. Glassblowing demonstrations: weekdays 7–11:30 and noon–3:30
- Website: www.skrufsglasbruk.se
- Location: The Kingdom of Glass
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My introduction to Sweden came as a child with a few words that may be familiar to many others, "Bork de Bork, de Bork, it is time to put on make up.. it is time to dress up right...". Since then it has Read more
Ten dollars to the first person who has any idea what that title means.
I have always shied away from writing trip reports on the Europe Forum. They disappear so quickly and frankly don’t seem worth Read more
My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe in July-August. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more