Skrufs Glasbruk Review
The royal family, the ministry of foreign affairs, and parliament have all commissioned work from Skruf, which started in 1896. Local farmers encouraged the development of the glassworks because they wanted a market for their wood. The factory specializes in lead-free crystal, which has a unique iridescence and form.
- Address: 10 km (6 miles) south of Lessebo. Turn left at Åkerby, Kajvägen 4, Skruv, 360 53
- Phone: 0478/20133
- Hours: Early to mid-June, weekdays 9–5, weekends 10–4; late Jun.–Aug. weekdays 10–6, weekends 10–4; Sept.–May, weekdays 9–5, weekends noon–4. Glassblowing demonstrations: weekdays 7–11:30 and noon–3:30
- Website: www.skrufsglasbruk.se
- Location: The Kingdom of Glass
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My introduction to Sweden came as a child with a few words that may be familiar to many others, "Bork de Bork, de Bork, it is time to put on make up.. it is time to dress up right...". Since then it has Read more
Ten dollars to the first person who has any idea what that title means.
I have always shied away from writing trip reports on the Europe Forum. They disappear so quickly and frankly don’t seem worth Read more
I'm looking for hotels in Bergen, Stockholm and Copenhagen. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more