Getting Here and Around
It's easiest to get to Öland by car. Other methods can be too time-consuming (bus) or too expensive (taxi). We also suggest hiring a car for traveling around the island itself. The closest major car rental companies are in Karlskrona. To get onto the island take Route E22 through the town of Kalmar and across the 6-km (4-mi) bridge.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe