Mölle, in the far northwest of Skåne, is a small town set in spectacular isolation on the dramatic headland of the Kulla Peninsula. It is an old fishing village with a beautiful harbor that sweeps up to the Kullaberg Range. You will find beech forests, stupefying views, and rugged shores and beaches, surrounded on three sides by sea.
For those who love nature or want a break from cities and touring, Mölle is perfect. Not only is it a good base from which to explore, but the town itself has a charm that has never been tarnished by an overabundance of tourists or a relentless drive to modernize at all costs.
Today it is a relatively wealthy place, as the elaborate residences and the upmarket cars crowding the narrow streets show. Much of this wealth supposedly arrived when the more fortunate men of the sea returned to build mansions.
Mölle at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in The South and the Kingdom of Glass
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book Elite Savoy in May: Book now and save! Save with Expedia, $20/night less
- Stay 3 Nights and Save 20% on Your Stay!: Grand Garden in May Save with Expedia, $27/night less
- May deal: Master Johan Fr $199+/Nt — $199 Expedia
- Book 3-Star Plaza Malmo Fr $130+/Nt — $130 Save with Expedia, $39/night less
- Book 5-Star Renaissance Malmo in Malm? Fr $176+/Nt — $176 Expedia