The South and the Kingdom of Glass Travel Guide
Southern Sweden is considered, even by many Swedes, to be a world of its own, clearly distinguished from the rest of the country by its geography, culture, and history. Skåne (pronounced skoh-neh), is one of Sweden's smallest provinces; here you'll find beautifully fertile plains, sand beaches, thriving farms, bustling historic towns and villages, medieval churches, and summer resorts. These gently rolling hills, extensive forests, and fields are broken every few miles by lovely castles, chronologically and architecturally diverse, that have given this part of Sweden the name Château Country.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best South and the Kingdom of Glass restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in The South and the Kingdom of Glass
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- Book 5-Star Renaissance Malmo in Malm? Fr $176+/Nt Expedia
- Book Elite Savoy in May: Book now and save! Save with Expedia, $20/night less
- Stay 3 Nights and Save 20% on Your Stay!: Grand Garden in May — $121 Save with Expedia, $27/night less
- Book 3-Star Plaza Malmo Fr $130+/Nt — $130 Save with Expedia, $39/night less
- May deal: Master Johan Fr $199+/Nt — $199 Expedia
We're sure your friends' Instagram photos of their puppies are super cute, but Brad Tully's animal snaps... Read more
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My film “Vikings, Tivoli and Trolls” presents the highlights of Denmark, Sweden and Norway, starring Copenhagen’s colorful Nyhavn Canal, entertainment at the Tivoli amusement park; Stockholm’s Read more
On 27th Dec. Read more
We are a group of Danish students that would really appreciate if you would take 1 minute of your time to answer this questionnaire.
Our goal is to get some information on traveling habits of backpackers Read more