At a Glance
- guests are encouraged to room hop during their stay
- spacious accommodations
- it can be a challenge to actually get into your room
- running water is limited
Check Rates from our Partners
This series of five glass cubes floating at various heights among the pine trees of a Swedish forest is not art installation—it's a hotel. Family-owned and operated, the eco-friendly, low-impact property has been welcoming adventurous guests since 2010. (There's a plan to expand the accommodation offerings to 24.) Not only are rooms set suspended at various heights above the ground (ranging from 13 to 20 feet high), each are bespoke in layout and furnishings, and all are constructed with local materials. At the centerpiece of the unique hotel is a traditional Swedish sauna and a wooden steam bath, which accommodates up to eight guests at a time, and The Cabin, where meals are taken. Since resort activities and amenities are limited—rooms don't have running water—most guests come to simply enjoy the view, and the unique overnight experience.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My introduction to Sweden came as a child with a few words that may be familiar to many others, "Bork de Bork, de Bork, it is time to put on make up.. it is time to dress up right...". Since then it has Read more
Ten dollars to the first person who has any idea what that title means.
I have always shied away from writing trip reports on the Europe Forum. They disappear so quickly and frankly don’t seem worth Read more
I'm looking for hotels in Bergen, Stockholm and Copenhagen. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more