Located in the frigid, wind-swept north of Sweden's Lapland province, tiny Jukkasjärvi is home to just 541 souls (at last count). While the town's main claim to fame is its spectacular Icehotel, the very first of its kind, Jukkasjärvi also has 2- to 3-day snowmobile excursions through the tundra—a thrilling way to experience this wild, desolate region of the world.
Jukkasjärvi at a Glance
Elsewhere in Swedish Lapland
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's