- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Swedish Academy meets at Börshuset (the Stock Exchange) every year to decide the winner of the Nobel Prize for literature. The building is also the home of the Nobel Museum. Along with exhibits on creativity's many forms, the museum displays scientific models, shows films, and has a full explanation of the process of choosing prizewinners. The museum does a good job covering the controversial selections made over the years. It's a must for Nobel Prize hopefuls and others.
- Address: Börshuset, Stortorget 2, Gamla Stan, Stockholm, 111 29 | Map It
- Phone: 08/53481800
- Cost: SKr 70
- Hours: Mid-May–mid–Sept., Wed., Thurs., and Sat.–Mon., 10–6, Tues. and Fri. 10–8; mid-Sept.–mid-May, Tues. 11–8, Wed.–Sun. 11–5.
- Website: www.nobelmuseum.se
- Location: Gamla Stan and Skeppsholmen
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My introduction to Sweden came as a child with a few words that may be familiar to many others, "Bork de Bork, de Bork, it is time to put on make up.. it is time to dress up right...". Since then it has Read more
Ten dollars to the first person who has any idea what that title means.
I have always shied away from writing trip reports on the Europe Forum. They disappear so quickly and frankly don’t seem worth Read more
My adult son and I will be arriving in Stockholm 7/6 in the evening and flying out of Copenhagen mid day on 7/15. Read more
· News & Features
High on design, Stockholm is the perfect place for a summertime stay. ... Read more
Stockholm is more than IKEA, ABBA, and Absolut.... Read more
Home to eight Michelin-starred restaurants, Stockholm is a definite dining capital.... Read more