- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- lovely setting, good-size rooms
- basic facilities
- a little outside the city center
Check Rates from our Partners
Just a few blocks from busy Götgatan, this Best Western is an oasis of calm in the busy urban streets of Södermalm. Built in 1780, it was originally a brewery, then a jail, then a hospital, then a temporary housing area. The beautiful building, with its large, tranquil inner courtyard, has been a hotel since 1976. Rooms have wide beams, polished hardwood floors, antique furniture, and bright wallpaper and fabrics. Many look out over the courtyard, others on the nearby church. In summer breakfast is served outside. The peace and quiet this hotel provides, even though it's close to all the action, makes it ideal for a vacation.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My introduction to Sweden came as a child with a few words that may be familiar to many others, "Bork de Bork, de Bork, it is time to put on make up.. it is time to dress up right...". Since then it has Read more
Ten dollars to the first person who has any idea what that title means.
I have always shied away from writing trip reports on the Europe Forum. They disappear so quickly and frankly don’t seem worth Read more
My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe in July-August. Read more
· News & Features
High on design, Stockholm is the perfect place for a summertime stay. ... Read more
Stockholm is more than IKEA, ABBA, and Absolut.... Read more
Home to eight Michelin-starred restaurants, Stockholm is a definite dining capital.... Read more