- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Allow at least an hour if you want to see most of the paintings and sculptures on display at this impressive museum. The emphasis is on Swedish and Nordic art, but other areas are well represented. Look especially for some fine works by Rembrandt. The print and drawing department is also impressive, with a nearly complete collection of Edouard Manet prints. From summer 2013, the Nationalmuseum will be undergoing major renovations. Many of its works will be temporararily relocated to The Royal Swedish Academy of Fine Arts at Fredsgatan 12, with different hours likely.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My introduction to Sweden came as a child with a few words that may be familiar to many others, "Bork de Bork, de Bork, it is time to put on make up.. it is time to dress up right...". Since then it has Read more
Ten dollars to the first person who has any idea what that title means.
I have always shied away from writing trip reports on the Europe Forum. They disappear so quickly and frankly don’t seem worth Read more
I'm looking for hotels in Bergen, Stockholm and Copenhagen. Read more
· News & Features
High on design, Stockholm is the perfect place for a summertime stay. ... Read more
Stockholm is more than IKEA, ABBA, and Absolut.... Read more
Home to eight Michelin-starred restaurants, Stockholm is a definite dining capital.... Read more