Stockholm: Places to Explore
Beyond the City Center
There are a number of excellent sites only a short bus or subway ride from the city center, many of which can be combined. Stockholm's city environs very quickly become greener as you leave the...
Djurgården and Skansen
Throughout history, Djurgården has been Stockholm's pleasure island. There was time when only the king could enjoy this enormous green space. Today Stockholmers of all persuasions come here to...
Gamla Stan and Skeppsholmen
Gamla Stan (Old Town) sits between two of Stockholm's main islands, and is the site of the medieval city. Just east of Gamla Stan is the island of Skeppsholmen, whose twisting cobble streets are...
The area bounded by Stadshuset, Hötorget, and Stureplan is essentially Stockholm's downtown, where the city comes closest to feeling like a bustling metropolis. Shopping, nightlife, business,...
Marked by waterfront rows of Renaissance buildings with palatial rooftops and ornamentation, Östermalm is a quietly regal residential section of central Stockholm. History and money are steeped...
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's