- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Strömma Kanalbolaget runs sightseeing tours of Stockholm. Boats leave from the quays outside the Royal Dramatic Theater, Grand Hotel, and City Hall. Stockholm Sightseeing, which leaves from Skeppsbron in front of the Grand, has four tours, including the "Under the Bridges" and "Historical Canal" tours.
Strömma Kanalbolaget (Strandvägen 16, Stockholm, 114 56. 08/12004000. www.stromma.se. Weekdays 9–5.)
Comprehensive tours of much of Stockholm, taking in museums, Gamla Stan, and City Hall, are available through Strömma Kanalbolaget.
You can hire your own guide from Stockholm Information Service. In summer be sure to book guides well in advance.
Stockholm Information Serviceruns several tours, including the "Romantic Stockholm" tour of the cathedral and City Hall; the "Royal Stockholm" tour, which includes visits to the Royal Palace and the Treasury; and the "Old Town Walkabout," which strolls through Gamla Stan in just over one hour.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe