- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Djurgården and Skansen
Throughout history, Djurgården has been Stockholm's pleasure island. There was time when only the king could enjoy this enormous green space, and enjoy it he did. Today Stockholmers of all persuasions come here to breathe some fresh air, visit the island's many museums, stroll through the forests and glades, get their pulses racing at the Gröna Lund amusement park, or just relax by the water and watch the boats sail by. You can approach Djurgården from the water aboard the small ferries that leave from Slussen at the southern end of Gamla Stan. In summer, ferries also leave from Nybrokajen, or New Bridge Quay, in front of the Kungliga Dramatiska Teatern.
Djurgården and Skansen at a Glance
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe