Boating in Stockholm
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boating in Stockholm's archipelago is an exquisite summertime activity. From May to September sailboats large and small and gorgeous restored wooden boats cruise from island to island. Both types of boats are available for rental. Walk along the water on Strandvägen, where many large power yachts and sailboats (available for charter) are docked. Sea kayaking has also become increasingly popular and is a delightful way to explore the islands.
Strandbryggan. At the end of Strandvägen, before the bridge to Djurgården, is Strandbryggan, an open-air restaurant which also has boats for rent. Strandvägskajen 27, City, Stockholm, 114 56. 08/6603714. www.strandbryggan.se.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save in Stockholm: Book 3 Nts in May at Nordic Sea Fr $161+/Nt Expedia
- $183 & Up: Stallmastaregarden 4-Star Hotel in Stockholm Save with Expedia, $28/night less
- Hot Deal on a 7 Nt Cruise! Royal Caribbean International Fr $899 Expedia
- Stockholm Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at Diplomat Fr $372+/Nt — $372 Save with Expedia, $120/night less
- Cruise to Stockholm: 5 Nts on Crystal Cruises Fr $2,425 — $2,425 Expedia