Boating in Stockholm
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boating in Stockholm's archipelago is an exquisite summertime activity. From May to September sailboats large and small and gorgeous restored wooden boats cruise from island to island. Both types of boats are available for rental. Walk along the water on Strandvägen, where many large power yachts and sailboats (available for charter) are docked. Sea kayaking has also become increasingly popular and is a delightful way to explore the islands.
Svenska Seglarförbundet. Contact Svenska Seglarförbundet for information on sailing. Af Pontins väg 6, Djurgården, Stockholm, 115 21. 08/459–0990. www.ssf.se.
Svenska Kanotförbundet. Svenska Kanotförbundet has information on canoeing and kayaking. Rosvalla, Nyköping. 0155/209080. www.kanot.com.
Strandbryggan. At the end of Strandvägen, before the bridge to Djurgården, is Strandbryggan, an open-air restaurant which also has boats for rent. Strandvägskajen 27, City, Stockholm, 114 56. 08/6603714. www.strandbryggan.se.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe