- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Donners Brunn Review
Bo Nilsson, the chef proprietor of this atmospheric restaurant, was once chef at the renowned Operakällaren in Stockholm. Now, in a beautiful orange-brick house on a small square in Visby, he cooks for a mix of locals and visitors, who dine in cellar-like halls surrounded by white stone walls. The menu uses excellent local ingredients to make French-influenced dishes that are reasonably priced, given their quality. Its house specialty of Gotland lamb shanks with sweetbread and turnips is absolutely delicious; you may want to finish with a rich and sticky-sweet crème brûlée topped with a mixed berry compote.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My introduction to Sweden came as a child with a few words that may be familiar to many others, "Bork de Bork, de Bork, it is time to put on make up.. it is time to dress up right...". Since then it has Read more
Ten dollars to the first person who has any idea what that title means.
I have always shied away from writing trip reports on the Europe Forum. They disappear so quickly and frankly don’t seem worth Read more
I'm looking for hotels in Bergen, Stockholm and Copenhagen. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more