- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Donners Brunn Review
Bo Nilsson, the chef proprietor of this atmospheric restaurant, was once chef at the renowned Operakällaren in Stockholm. Now, in a beautiful orange-brick house on a small square in Visby, he cooks for a mix of locals and visitors, who dine in cellar-like halls surrounded by white stone walls. The menu uses excellent local ingredients to make French-influenced dishes that are reasonably priced, given their quality. Its house specialty of Gotland lamb shanks with sweetbread and turnips is absolutely delicious; you may want to finish with a rich and sticky-sweet crème brûlée topped with a mixed berry compote.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
My film “Vikings, Tivoli and Trolls” presents the highlights of Denmark, Sweden and Norway, starring Copenhagen’s colorful Nyhavn Canal, entertainment at the Tivoli amusement park; Stockholm’s Read more
On 27th Dec. Read more
I am going with my nephew (me 45, he 27) to Scandinavia for 12 days, June 10-22..
June 10-13 Stockholm is fixed..flight from Copenhagen June 22, also fixed..Plan to be in Copenhagen on the 19th until 22.. Read more
· News & Features
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more